23 mayo, 2006

My Astrological Homework*

CANCER: Write at least one page on your impression of this picture. Don’t send it to me, keep it. You’ll need to refer to it this summer and the fall.

So here it goes. It’s shiny, attractive, abundant; to keep, to save, to use. My first reaction is that of a Pi-Yao: swallow my fortune and keep it safe, well guarded. Sort of like a dog guarding his food. I don’t necessarily have to keep it with me at all times. Just somewhere secret, somewhere accessible for myself. It can comfortably be out of sight, I don’t need to see it or count it or mess with it or give it much thought (the less thought, the better) as long as I know it’s around and accessible. As long as I know that at some point I can dig my hand into my pocket or treasure chest and get something out in order to buy whatever it is that I want. And that is where thought and calculation really comes in: do I really want it? Do I really need it? Why would I want it? Is it really useful? Is it cheaper somewhere else? Could I go about without it? Let me see if it goes on sale... or better yet, let me see if I can forget it. If the answer is yes to all the questions except the last two, then I will probably go get it. If it’s still around by the time I get to answer all of them, that is; for sometimes it takes so long that it goes on sale and then out of stock. Unless it’s something I really really like, and/or really really need, and/or really really want. Then, money is not a problem. If I don’t have it, I know I’ll find it, and I’m very very lucky and resourceful at going about that. Then, I really take care of the things I get. Be it a chiropractic adjustment, I’ll go someplace where I can get the best service, make sure to put ice on when I get home and avoid wacky movements. Be it the blender I use twice a day, I’ll get the best one in the market and make sure to use it correctly. And I tend to keep the things I get until they’re just about unusable, too. About 50% of the clothes I really like is over 8 years old, not that I wear it everyday; I tend to wear it a lot, say, for about 3 or 4 months, and then give it a recess for about 1 month, then wear it a lot again, and then at some point maybe not wear it for about three months altogether, and alternate like that. So if I really like something, I know it’s worth getting. But I’m really picky. And in the not so distant past I did loose too much time to indecisiveness.

But I’m a lot less stiff now. Thanks to God and life and the little painful lessons I can finally make sense of. Go with the flow. It smacks me in the face when I don’t, brings countless blessings when I do. Specially after getting into Feng Shui and all the alchemy behind it… the more you give, the more you get, as long as you’re not wasting what shouldn’t be wasted, and that is life and energy and calmness and clearness... and worrying about not wasting is a way of wasting… So I’m putting myself out there more, trusting abundance and trusting my hard work. Why would I end up going broke? (and I don’t necessarily mean monetarily). I do work hard and I do mind my expenditures. Also, I have been broke, and it’s not such a big deal… well, maybe not all the way broke getting kicked out of the apartment or whatever, but broke owing a couple of months’ rent, riding my bike for 2 hours to get to places simply cuz there’s no money to pay the CTA, and having to count every penny in order to make out three meals a day. But then again, there are always ways to work around things. And it’s also good to have something saved up. Just not so stiffly. I’ve also been fasting one day every week since the beginning of the year… And there’s nothing to be afraid of there, either… overcoming hunger is a pretty good learning. Am I digressing here?

My sense of security everyday comes less from what I have and more from what I can withstand, and the ways in which I can go about getting what I need. And then again that’s not really security, for it is not an idea, it is not something I can accumulate and cherish and look at; it is an actuality; it is something I practice at every instant. And it is something to work at. So coming back to money. I have to watch myself and treasure it for what it’s good for, not for what it is in itself. I can’t leave it all for later and procrastinate my way out of the things I have to do… I also have to make it clearer in my head that work and money are usually directly related… I know that if I work and give my best it pays off, not necessarily in the monetary sense… But hopefully in a sense that includes the monetary too, or some good aspect or reference for a future gain (hopefully including the monetary, too!). So I guess I have to think a lot more on what and how much is coming in… I’ve pretty much been on top (even too hard on myself) in regards to what’s going out… Learned this in a very hard, way… after it actually descended into my physical body and the only treatment that worked was precisely the one in which I had to learn and understand about the things that are coming in.

*homework assigned by Michael Lutin. The guy is one of the very few that can nail stuff down only by having your sun sign and some major transits. Not sure where the pic came from, I got it from his website tho.

want your homework?
· aries · taurus · gemini · cancer · leo · virgo · libra · scorpio · sagitarius · capricorn · aquarius · piscis ·

9 comentarios:

The Collector dijo...

The pic made me nostalgic.
Me acuerda a los cacaitos de back in the day, when life's biggest worries era si el cumpleaños iba a tener funditas.

Anónimo dijo...

ja! toi con the collector. la verdad que parecen cacaitos.

۞ D dijo...

los cacaítos no venian envueltos en plateado era? pa mi lo mas frustrante de los cumple era la piñata: todas las chamaquitas iban con sus vestidos y hacian trampa usando la falda como paracaidas invertido para atrapar to lo que cayera.

anyway.. habia un maco en el link pa la pagina de Michael Lutin. some interesting stuff on there.

GirlFromSantiago dijo...

"My sense of security everyday comes less from what I have and more from what I can withstand" <- Mine's becoming non-existing, so I can feel your pain.

Good writings you've got here. I'll be back for more, as you've officially tickled my curiosity...

Until then, I admit proudly que yo usaba mi faldota para atrapar dulces, ok? ;)

Anónimo dijo...

i've always been somewhat anti-faldas...ranging from fanatically anti to "i'll wear'em to dance around the wooden floor" not-so-anti. eh...son las pasas y los 58 gramos de azucar que me he metido...

The Collector dijo...

Yo no jodo con piñatas. La primera y unica vez que me meti yo fui la primera en llegar y depue me volaron to eso chamaquito encima. Virgen cuanto grito y cuanto golpe. Ay no. Piñata no.

۞ D dijo...

yo cuando chamaquito no era fan de las faldas para nada... debo decir que han añejado bien con el tiempo...

un saludo para la chica de santiago que vive en new england! thnx4coming

cobradora: meti -> falda -> volaron encima -> virgen -> gritos -> golpes -> primera en llegar... hmm... cual historia es la que tas haciendo aqui, eh?

The Collector dijo...

Curses! foiled again.

۞ D dijo...

jejeje solo fuñendote un chin... you got yrrself some nifty word usage there, eh?

"foiled"